FURANFLEX® liner material and technology developed and produced by Kompozitor Kft. fundamentally differ from any other applications.
FURANFLEX® is the only method, by which chimneys or ducts of any shape, diameter and length can, without having to demolish any walls be lined with joint-free airtight liner made of composite material, with steel hardness, that is also resistant to corrosion, flames and heat.
Composite is the professionally defined term for thermosetting resin of high hardness with fibre glass reinforcement. The once hardened resin will no longer soften back again and will not melt either. Its structure is similar to that of reinforced concrete. The difference is as much as having concrete instead of resin and steel reinforcement bars instead of fibre glass in place.
The hardness and corrosion-proof characteristic of FURANFLEX® made of composite are better that those of steel, whereas it is five times lighter. The two versions of FURANFLEX® differ in heat resistance. The black material resists to heat up to 500 °C, while the red one up to 1000 °C.
WHY DO CHIMNEYS NEED TO BE LINED?
At burning fuels, acidic vapour is generated and condensed inside the chimney. In a few years time, it tends to damage concrete, stainless steel, the mortar in between the bricks and also the internal plaster. This process is called chimney corrosion. Toxic gases can enter the premises through the gaps created in this way, which can even cause death. In Europe, several hundreds of people die every year due to the defects of chimneys. In most of the countries, providing chimneys with lining is mandatory. The pictures below show the signs of chimney corrosion.
THE MAIN ADVANTAGES FURANFLEX® PROVIDES THE USER WITH
- the apartments remain clean during the lining works
- the lining process takes only a few hours
- chimneys and ducts upto 100 m length and 1200 mm diameter can be lined without joints
- smooth inner surface, more efficient operation
- 25 years of warranty against corrosion for FURANFLEX®
- 10 years of warranty against heat stress for FURANFLEX® RWV
THE UNIQUE FEATURES OF FURANFLEX®
- any length without a joint
- follows the branching lines of chimneys
- takes up the shape of the chimney, the cross section of which can vary from circular, square or oval
- its shape can be of variable cross sections
- perfectly gas-compact
- smooth inner surface, eased smoke gas flow
- thin wall, does not decrease the dimension of the cross section in the chimney
- hardness of steel
- heat-resistance by the type: upto 500 °C (FURANFLEX®) and upto 1000 °C (FURANFLEX® RWV)
- even several liners can be installed in the same chimney
- can be applied at boilers with open and closed combustion chambers
- 100 m liner without splicing
- best solution for setting up corrosion-proof ventilation duct systems
- quick repair of vertical rainwater ducts in full length